Saturday, September 26, 2009

3. Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek (2005)

I didn't mean to choose a song so similar to the one I posted two days ago to start this blog, but I've been listening to this song nonstop since then and realized it deserves its own highlight.

I can't help it. I mentioned that I liked the sample from this song sped up in "Whatcha Say," but I didn't mention that the slower, original version is much more haunting and it really sticks with you.

Apparently, it stuck with people in the entertainment biz as well.

Off the 2005 album "Speak for Yourself," this song has been all over television and back. I knew it was featured on an episode of "The O.C." as I mentioned before, but I didn't know all the other references, including Survivor and Lost, until I read more on Wikipedia. Listen for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment