Wednesday, September 30, 2009

5. Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me (2009)

Off Taylor Swift's SECOND (yes, it surprised me too when I saw) album "Fearless," I have chosen this song for today because of my love for nostalgia and real respect for her as an artist.

See, I'm not really a fan of country music, but every now and then a song or artist will catch me off guard. Taylor Swift has done just that, with a little help from Z107.7 and other pop radio stations that have been playing pop versions of her tunes and helping them reach a wider audience. While I prefer the country versions of these songs, which this is, I think her talent translates well.

What's more is that Swift is so young and pretty and poppy, yet she's talented and original and writes a lot of her own material, so you can tell it's from the heart. I like this song in particular because I remember being back in high school and being in those shoes. The words hit home so much so that they could have been written by me ;) Except I would make a terrible songwriter.

1 comment:

  1. Yo Taylor, I'mma let you finish, but....you're good, but Kanye's a genius.

    ReplyDelete