Thursday, October 1, 2009

6. Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining (2007)

Boring image, I know, but I love the song. And I just so happened to dig it out of my car and listen to the album its featured on, "Under the Blacklight" on my way to work this morning.

Kind of interesting for a dark, dreary day. The song almost sounds happy, but with its dreary overtones it's not quite there. Almost like you're in a dream state, a sort of limbo while listening to it. I love the crisp sound throughout the song - especially the part with the triangle in the third verse. And I LOVE her voice.

The song was my first venture into the world of Rilo Kiley, although I had inadvertently been a Jenny Lewis fan ever since her days in "Troop Beverly Hills," which was a favorite movie of mine growing up.

I watched the music video and loved who'd she'd become, pretty, sure and self-confident. From there, I got into her solo stuff and even caught a few songs live at Bonnaroo 2009. This song was the beginning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment